There’s no such thing as too much bacon. This three-course meal lets Dad indulge in his bacon dreams while still including fruits and vegetables, keeping mom happy too.
This dinner is in bacon overload and can be appreciated by bacon fanatics everywhere, making it perfect for the bacon-loving dad in your life. Flavorful beefy meatballs, tender green beans and juicy pineapple, all wrapped in bacon and roasted in the oven until the bacon is nice and crispy. Just make sure to cook plenty so Dad will be willing to share!
The first course is bacon-wrapped meatballs, so start by combining the meatball ingredients and forming them into balls about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
Cut your slices of bacon in half, wrap 1/2 a slice around each meatball, and then place the meatballs seam side down on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
Bake the meatballs, and if the bacon doesn’t get crispy, then turn the oven to broil for another 5 minutes or so until the bacon crisps up.
For the green beans, cut your bacon slices into 3 pieces, and wrap 1 piece around a frozen green bean. Make sure to use frozen beans, as they are less likely to burn while the bacon cooks.
For the bacon-wrapped pineapple, use 1/2 a fresh pineapple, and cut it into about 24 chunks. Canned pineapple can get mushy during the cooking.
Again, slice the bacon into 3 pieces, and wrap a piece around each pineapple chunk. I try to make sure one end sticks out a little bit so that the pineapple is visible.
You can serve each course individually or pile all three on a plate for Dad. We like to use barbecue sauce for dipping the meatballs and ranch dressing for dipping the green beans.
Bacon-wrapped Father’s Day dinner recipes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 bacon slices
- 21 frozen green beans (full sized, not cut down)
- 1/2 a fresh pineapple
- Barbecue sauce and ranch dressing for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, use clean hands to mix together the ground beef, egg, salt, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper.
- Form the beef mixture into 18 meatballs.
- Cut 9 slices of bacon in half, setting the rest aside. Wrap 1/2 a piece around each meatball, and place the meatballs seam side down on a rimmed, foil-lined baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, and then turn the heat up to broil for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- While the meatballs are cooking, wrap your green beans and pineapple. Start by cutting the rest of the bacon into thirds. Wrap 1 piece around each frozen green bean.
- Cut the pineapple into 24 chunks, and wrap a piece of bacon around each chunk. Place them all seam side down on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- When the meatballs are done, cook the green beans and pineapple on broil for 5 to 8 minutes, until the bacon is crispy.
- Serve with barbecue sauce for meatball dipping and ranch dressing for green bean dipping.