No drinking glasses required for this easy dessert. This pie is inspired by the famous piña colada cocktail, making it a summer-worthy treat.
If you love the tropical flavors of a piña colada, then this pie will be your new favorite dessert. Pineapple, coconut and rum extract give this sweet slice of pie a deliciously tropical flavor, and since it’s no-bake, you won’t have to heat up the kitchen. I used rum extract in this version so that everyone could enjoy this pie. However, you can certainly add in a shot or two of the real stuff if you desire.
Creamy piña colada pie recipe
- 1 cup pineapple nectar or juice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon rum extract, divided
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped cream, divided
- 1 (9-inch) premade or homemade pie crust
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Cherries for garnish (optional)
- Fresh pineapple for garnish (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pineapple juice (or nectar), coconut milk, rum extract and the pudding mix. Blend on high using a hand mixer until the filling is smooth and creamy and there are no lumps.
- Using a spatula, fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the pineapple mixture, and spoon the filling into the pie crust. Using a pastry bag with a star tip, pipe the remaining whipped cream on top of the pie (or spread the remaining whipped cream over the top), and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator for several hours to allow the filling to firm up.
- When ready to serve, cut the pie into slices. Garnish with cherries, fresh pineapple and extra shredded coconut, if desired.
Tip: To make this a boozy version, simply reduce the pineapple juice to 3/4 cup and add in 2 shots of rum.