Want to give your lunch a little makeover? These spicy shrimp quesadillas are full of flavor and perfect when dipped into a homemade chipotle-avocado sauce.
Quesadillas are one of my go-to quick weeknight dinner ideas. You can take just about anything you find hanging out in your fridge and turn it into a delicious dinner option. Plus it’s loaded with cheese, and who doesn’t love cheese? This quesadilla is packed full of spicy pepper jack cheese, spicy chunky salsa and sweet shrimp. What’s more is the chipotle-avocado dipping sauce that you will want to start using on everything.
Spicy shrimp quesadillas with chipotle-avocado sauce recipe
- 2 small flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons spicy salsa
- 6 cooked shrimp
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Lay out a small flour tortilla, and top it with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, salsa, shrimp, another 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and the other tortilla.
- In small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add in the quesadilla, and cook until the tortilla is crispy and the cheese has started to melt.
- Flip the quesadilla, and cook the other side until the tortilla is browned and the cheese has melted.
- Let the quesadilla cool while you prepare the sauce.
- Cut open the avocado, remove the flesh, and mash it together with the lime juice and chipotle chile powder.
- Serve the sauce with the quesadilla.