Need a new way to use up all those fresh summer peaches? We rubbed them with brown sugar and roasted them to sweet perfection.
When peaches come into season, I just about jump for joy. There is nothing quite like a fresh peach just picked from a tree. This baked peach dish gives you the fresh, delicious flavor of peaches with just a touch of brown sugar sweetness. The brown sugar-yogurt-rum sauce for the top is to die for and should definitely be included with this peach dish. In fact, the sauce is perfect with almost any fruit.
Brown sugar baked peaches with rum-infused yogurt sauce recipe
- 4 peaches, pitted and cut in half
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dark rum
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small casserole dish (or 4 small gratin dishes), add the peaches cut side up.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter into each peach cavity, and cover the peaches in an equal amount of brown sugar.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the peaches are soft and the brown sugar has melted, glazing the tops of the peaches.
- Sprinkle the peaches with the desired amount of cinnamon.
- Let the peaches cool for a few minutes while you prepare the rum-yogurt sauce.
- In a small bowl, add the Greek yogurt and brown sugar. Stir to combine, and use dark rum to thin out the sauce.
- Add a dollop of rum-yogurt sauce to the tops of the peaches, and enjoy warm.