Prosciutto-wrapped chicken roll-ups stuffed with asparagus
One delicious and simple recipe, thin chicken cutlets are wrapped up with prosciutto and fresh balsamic asparagus spears.
During the summer I could eat asparagus almost every single night. Luckily my sweet husband doesn't mind my asparagus obsession and gladly eats whatever I put in front of him. This balsamic asparagus-stuffed chicken is the perfect way to get your vegetables and meat all in one bite. Trust me, if you're a fan of chicken, delicious Italian meats and asparagus, then this dish is for you.
Prosciutto-wrapped chicken roll-ups stuffed with asparagus recipe
- 16 large pencil-size asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 4 large chicken cutlets
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, add the asparagus, vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook over medium-high heat until the asparagus just starts to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Lay out the chicken cutlets, and season them with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the asparagus spears to the centers of the chicken cutlets, and bring the short sides of the chicken cutlets up over the asparagus.
- Wrap the cutlets in 2 pieces of prosciutto each. Use a toothpick to secure the prosciutto so it stays wrapped around the chicken.
- Carefully pick up the chicken packets, and add them back to the pan you used to cook the asparagus.
- Place the pan in the oven, and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked. The cooking time of the chicken will depend on the thickness of the cutlets.