Copycat Chipotle honey chicken bowls
No need to pay for takeout. This simple chipotle honey chicken bowl is packed full of fresh vegetables and smoky chipotle-honey-marinated chicken.
Chipotle is my go-to fast food restaurant. I know the food will always taste delicious, and I don't have to worry about the guilt I normally experience after eating fast food. This bowl is very similar to the traditional Chipotle dish, with the exception of an even more flavorful chicken. I made a sweet and smoky chicken marinade that takes this traditional dish to flavor town.
Copycat Chipotle honey chicken bowls recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Unsweetened coconut milk, from a carton
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, warmed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese (optional)
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, chili powder, chipotle chile powder and kosher salt. Add in the chicken, and toss to coat.
- Cover the chicken, and let it marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Once the chicken is marinated, place a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until it is no longer pink. Set it aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the cooked rice, lime zest and cilantro, and set it aside.
- To a small saucepan, add the black beans, and cover them with the coconut milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until the beans are warmed through.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of rice to each plate, and then top with equal amount corn, beans, chicken, salsa and guacamole. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.