Celebrate Father’s Day with this cheesy steak-filled sandwich loaded with tasty homemade guacamole.
What better way to treat Dad to something special this Father’s Day than to take control of the grill and serve him a cheesy, guacamole-filled steak sandwich? One bite into this, and you’ll be declared the favorite child, hands down.
Cheesy steak and guacamole sandwich recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless sirloin
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bread
- Season the steak generously with the salt, pepper and lemon juice. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high, and cook the steak until desired doneness. Let it rest for a few minutes before cutting it into 1/2-inch pieces.
- While the steak cooks, make the guacamole by combining the avocado, red onion, lime juice and cilantro in a bowl. Mash together with a fork until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Lay 4 slices of cheddar on 2 pieces of bread, and toast all 4 slices of bread in a toaster oven or on the grill until the cheese is melted.
- Layer the steak on top of the slices with the cheese, and spoon the guacamole on top. Top with the other piece of bread, and cut in half to serve.