Skinny gluten-free berry and flaxseed frozen yogurt parfaits
You'll want a big spoon to dig into this frozen yogurt parfait that includes fresh blueberries, raspberries and gluten-free grain clusters.
If you're looking for a delightfully delicious chilled treat, then look no further than this recipe for gluten-free raspberry, blueberry and flaxseed frozen yogurt parfait. This is perfect for the summer months, when berries are in season and you need something to cool down with.
You can use your favorite berries and your favorite frozen yogurt flavor, but I loved this combo of blueberries, raspberries, mint and coconut frozen yogurt (think Fourth of July treats too).
This is a dessert that won't do you in during bathing suit season.
Gluten-free raspberry, blueberry and flaxseed clusters frozen yogurt parfait with coconut whipped topping recipe
Recipe adapted from KIND Healthy Snacks
For the whipped topping
- 1 (10 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the parfait
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups coconut frozen yogurt, divided
- 2 cups KIND gluten-free Healthy Grains Vanilla Blueberry Clusters with Flax Seeds
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the whipped topping
- Refrigerate the unopened can of coconut milk for about 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove the coconut milk from the refrigerator, and drain off the liquid portion (reserve for another recipe).
- In a mixing bowl, place the solid portion of the coconut milk along with the honey. Use a hand mixer to blend until peaks form.
- Refrigerate until the parfaits are ready.
For the parfaits
- To a saucepan over medium heat, add the raspberries, sugar, lemon juice and mint. Cook until the raspberries break down or about 10 minutes. Use the back of a spoon to press down on the mint to bruise the leaves and help release their essence.
- Remove the raspberry mixture from the heat, and strain the raspberries and mint leaves through a mesh strainer. Collect the liquid, and discard the seeds. Add the vanilla extract, and mix well. Refrigerate the sauce until chilled.
- Divide the frozen yogurt among 4 parfait glasses, adding about 1/2 cup of yogurt to each. Add about 1-1/2 tablespoons of the chilled raspberry sauce over each parfait, followed by about 2 tablespoons of the clusters and then several of the blueberries.
- Repeat the layers once more, and top with the coconut whipped topping.
- Serve immediately.
Grab a spoon and dig in.