Diploma look-alike snack cakes
These snack cakes are decorated to look like diplomas, though they're guaranteed to be a lot tastier.
It's easy to make these delicious treats for a graduation celebration. First, you will need to make your own molds to create the shape of a diploma.
Start out with a large piece of tinfoil. Fold it in half widthwise and then in half lengthwise. Grab a sturdy spice container to use as a mold for the size and shape you want your cakes to be.
Fold the foil tightly around the spice container, making sure to seal the edges very well. Place the mold into a bread pan or an 8 x 8-inch cake pan.
Fill the bread pan or cake pan completely full with the homemade molds so that the cake won't expand and ruin the shape of the molds.
Once you have made all your foil molds, spray them with nonstick cooking spray, and then fill them up with the already-made cake batter.
Once they are done baking, allow the cakes to cool, and then remove them from the foil. You should have nice, diploma-shaped cakes. If some of the cake batter seeped out of a mold during baking and created a weird shape, then use a bread knife to shave it down and fix the cake's appearance.
Make sure the cakes have completely cooled before decorating them. Separate a pull-apart Twizzler into 2 strands, and tie the 2 strands around the center of the cake.
Next, fit a frosting bag with a #3 tip, and fill the bag with vanilla or cream cheese frosting. Pipe a spiral design at each end of the cake. This makes the cake look like a rolled-up diploma.
Pipe a little bit of frosting onto the center of the Twizzler, and place an M&M's candy on top. You can match the Twizzler and M&M's candy to your graduate's school colors, if desired.
Diploma snack cakes recipe
- 1 spice container
- 1 yellow cake mix plus the ingredients called for
- 1/3 cup vanilla or cream cheese frosting
- Twizzler pull-apart candy
- M&M's candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions.
- Create your own cake molds by folding a large piece of tinfoil in half widthwise and then in half lengthwise.
- Fit the foil around the spice container to create the shape you want. Place the molds tightly into a baking dish. I used a bread pan and fit 4 molds into it. An 8 x 8-inch cake pan with 8 molds works as well.
- Spray the inside of your tinfoil molds with nonstick cooking spray. Fill the molds a little over halfway with the cake batter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Once the cakes are cooked, allow them to cool 5 to 7 minutes, and then remove them from the foil.
- Make sure the cakes have completely cooled before decorating them.
- Tie 2 strands of a pull-apart Twizzler around each cake.
- Fit a frosting bag with a #3 tip, and fill the bag with frosting. Pipe a spiral design on each end of the cakes to make them resemble scrolls.
- Pipe a small dot of frosting on the center of the Twizzler tie, and place an M&M's candy on top.