These three simple and easy-to-make one-pot vegetarian meals take only minutes to prepare and seconds to clean up.
1. Zesty parsley and tomato pasta recipe
This zesty parsley and tomato pasta dish is so simple: pasta tossed with fresh Parmesan cheese, doused in zesty Italian dressing and topped with cherry tomatoes and parsley. Only five ingredients and one pot, and you are set for a fantastic meal.
- 1 pound pasta of choice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups zesty Italian dressing
- 1 pint (10.5 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- Fresh parsley, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the pasta, and follow the package directions to cook the noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, cut up the tomatoes by halving or quartering them. Cut the parsley into small pieces.
- Drain the noodles, and rinse them in cold water until they have cooled. Mix in the Parmesan cheese, tomatoes and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste, if desired, and then stir in the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
2. One-pot vegetable and Parmesan gnocchi recipe
This gnocchi dish is quick and easy. All the ingredients are boiled together, mixed with Alfredo sauce and then served with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- 1 (17.6 ounce) package gnocchi
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup zucchini, shredded
- 3/4 cup yellow squash, chopped
- 3/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) jar roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the gnocchi, corn, zucchini, squash, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until the gnocchi surfaces.
- Drain, and return the mixture to the pot.
- Over medium heat, stir in the Alfredo sauce. Stir until the sauce is sufficiently warmed and the vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat, and distribute evenly among 4 bowls. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Enjoy immediately while warm.
3. Lemon-parsley rice with shredded carrots recipe
This dish is so simple and filled with fresh flavor. The lemon and parsley flavors perfectly complement the rice. The carrots add a nice crunch to the dish, and the cracked red pepper adds a perfect amount of spice.
- 2 cups rice, measured uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Breadcrumbs (optional)
- In a large pot, combine the rice, water and carrots. Cook according to the package directions.
- Once the rice is cooked through and no water remains, stir in the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- If desired, garnish with additional Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and a sprig of parsley.