Spicy barbecue chicken burgers with an island flair
Chicken burgers don't have to be dry and boring. We packed ours full of spicy peppers and seasoning. To balance out that spice, we topped it with sweet grilled pineapple.
I hate how chicken gets a bad wrap. People call it plain or boring, and sadly, most people totally overcook it. I love this sandwich because it's the perfect combination of spiciness, sweetness and just a touch of smoky barbecue sauce. Trust me, if you're looking for a new sandwich in your life, this totally fits the bill.
Spicy barbecue chicken burgers topped with grilled pineapple recipe
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bell pepper, thickly sliced
- 4 slices pineapple
- 2 crusty rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- Barbecue sauce
- Lay out the chicken cutlets, and in a small bowl, mix together the smoked paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, chipotle chile powder and kosher salt. Rub the mixture all over the chicken cutlets.
- Heat your grill to medium heat, and add the chicken cutlets, bell pepper slices and pineapple.
- Grill until the chicken is fully cooked, the peppers are slightly soft and the pineapple is just warmed through.
- Slice open your rolls, and add 1/4 cup of lettuce per bun. Top with the chicken cutlets, peppers, pineapple and a drizzle of barbecue sauce.