Guacamole soup is a fast, healthy cold dinner that you can make in minutes. Whether you eat it with chips or a spoon, you're sure to enjoy every drop.
Love guacamole? Always wish you could make it a meal? You can! Though it may sound like sacrilege to "water down" good guacamole with chicken broth, you'll find that the creamy texture of the avocado only becomes more smooth and velvet like. Ready in minutes, this soup is a perfect appetizer or entire meal in itself!
- 4 avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cold baked chicken breast, chopped
- Pico de gallo and cilantro for garnish
- Start by making guacamole. Mash the avocados and mix with fresh salsa.
- In a large bowl, whisk together guacamole with chicken stock until smooth.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Chill for at least half an hour before serving.
- Transfer soup to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chicken breast, pico de gallo and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.