If you like piña coladas and getting caught eating your daily chia seeds, then you’ll love piña colada chia seed pudding! Whether you add coconut granola and make it breakfast or a little rum and make it a party, you can’t go wrong!
Piña coladas are not known for their health benefits, but add in some chia seeds and you have one of the tastiest, healthy treats around! For a breakfast piña colada pudding, try topping it with coconut granola instead of a pineapple wedge. If you’re looking for a little indulgence, rum can be added after the chia seeds have soaked overnight.
Piña colada chia pudding
- 1 can coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (fresh or canned in juice, not sugar)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Pineapple wedges
- Maraschino cherries
- Gather your ingredients.
- Add the coconut milk, pineapple and banana to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl or large Mason jar. Add chia seeds.
- Stir for 1 minute to prevent clumps from forming.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. By morning, the chia seeds will have absorbed most of the liquid and have a pudding-like consistency.
- Garnish with a cherry and a pineapple wedge.