Piña colada chia seed pudding
If you like piña coladas and getting caught eating your daily chia seeds, then you'll love piña colada chia seed pudding! Whether you add coconut granola and make it breakfast or a little rum and make it a party, you can't go wrong!
Piña coladas are not known for their health benefits, but add in some chia seeds and you have one of the tastiest, healthy treats around! For a breakfast piña colada pudding, try topping it with coconut granola instead of a pineapple wedge. If you're looking for a little indulgence, rum can be added after the chia seeds have soaked overnight.
Piña colada chia pudding
- 1 can coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (fresh or canned in juice, not sugar)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Pineapple wedges
- Maraschino cherries
- Gather your ingredients.
- Add the coconut milk, pineapple and banana to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl or large Mason jar. Add chia seeds.
- Stir for 1 minute to prevent clumps from forming.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. By morning, the chia seeds will have absorbed most of the liquid and have a pudding-like consistency.
- Garnish with a cherry and a pineapple wedge.