Oatmeal blackberry breakfast pie
Love oatmeal? We used it as a pie filling! You'll feel like you're eating dessert for breakfast but with all the health benefits of oatmeal and berries! Full of protein, fiber and antioxidants, healthy oatmeal pie is a perfect way to start your day!
At 270 calories with 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber, our oatmeal and blackberry pie sounds too good to be true. Not only is it true, but it only has 7 grams of all-natural sugar per slice! Dessert for breakfast? Don't mind if we do!
Oatmeal and blackberry pie
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for top
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2/3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups blackberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a 9-inch pie pan with your prepared pie crust.
3. Sprinkle half the berries onto the pie crust.
4. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
5. In a small bowl whisk together the milk, vanilla, maple syrup, egg and butter.
6. Add the milk mixture with the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
7. Pour over the blackberries in the pie shell.
8. Press the remaining berries into the oats.
9. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the mixture is set and the edges are lightly browned.
10. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
11. Slice up and serve with a sprinkle of fresh berries, or a dollop of whipped cream.