Forget those store-bought snack bars! Know what’s going into your body by making your own at home. Packed with cranberries, almonds and tofu, these bars are a filling “anytime” snack.
Who says tofu has to be tasteless and bland? With the help of Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal and a few other ingredients, you can bake up your own nutritious snack bars right in your own kitchen.
These homemade tofu snack bars are packed with whole grains, cranberries and almonds. They’re chewy, thick and satisfying. Grab one for a convenient snack to curb your appetite any time of the day. Use your imagination and substitute raisins or other dried fruit to replace the dried cranberries.
Tofu snack bars with Kashi
Yields approximately 16 snack bars
Inspired by Eating Well
- 8 ounces silken tofu, drained
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups Kashi GoLean Crunch! Cereal, Honey Almond Flax, clusters crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with sides or spray with cooking spray.
- Place cereal, cranberries, flour, salt and oats in a large bowl. Stir to incorporate well. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, purée silken tofu, egg, oil, honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold tofu mixture into cereal mixture and stir well to combine.
- Place mixture onto the baking sheet and spread evenly. Use the back of a spatula to press down firmly.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until firm in the center.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into bars.
More snack bar recipes
Homemade healthy granola bars
Quick peanut butter granola bars
Chewy chocolate-orange snack bars