Organic chicken breasts are marinated in citrus juices and seasonings. Once grilled, this chicken gets topped with a fresh, fruity salsa, transporting you to a tropical island with each bite.
If you are a fan of tropical flavors, then this recipe will be a great fit for you. I took organic chicken breasts and marinated them overnight in fresh lime juice, garlic and other spices, then threw them on the grill. To make this dish taste even more like paradise and to add more flavor, I made a refreshing tropical-inspired salsa to serve over top the chicken. This chicken is great as a main course or over green salads, and you can even use any leftovers inside a wrap.
Key lime grilled chicken with paradise salsa recipe
- 4 organic, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime or lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paradise salsa (recipe follows)
- Place the chicken breasts in an airtight container. Add all the marinade ingredients to a blender, and blend on high until smooth. Pour the marinade over the chicken, and cover with the lid.
- Refrigerate the chicken for several hours or ideally overnight for the best flavor.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill each chicken breast about 7 to 8 minutes per side or until the center of the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the grilled chicken to a serving plate, and top it with the paradise salsa.
Paradise salsa recipe
- 1/2 cup fresh papaya, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 2 small kiwi fruits, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Fresh lime wedges
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Mix well, and then chill for several hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- Before serving the salsa, mix it well to help incorporate the flavors.
- Spoon on top of the key lime grilled chicken.
More tropical-inspired recipes
8 Tropical cocktails for warm weather
Tropical smoothie Popsicles
Tropical fruit swirl margaritas
Leave a Comment