Fiber-filled tasty pancakes
These pancakes are filled with fiber — which helps improve your cholesterol among many other things. You can top these pancakes with fresh fruit, pure maple syrup and even a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
These pancakes are made with very little flour. The main base in finely processed Kashi cereal. The cereal is put in a blender or food processor and blended until it resembles flour. That cereal is what makes these pancakes so rich in fiber and good for your body.
- 1/2 cup Kashi GOLEAN Crunch! Cereal, Honey Almond Flax, measured after being ground
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Fresh fruit, pure maple syrup, whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat a griddle to medium heat.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal until it resembles flour. Then measure 1/2 cup and add it in a bowl with the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the egg, almond milk, vanilla extract and canola oil.
- Stir until the batter is thickened, but do not overstir.
- Pour the batter onto the preheated griddle and flip when small bubbles appear on one side.
- Place finished pancakes on a plate and serve with fresh fruit, pure maple syrup and whipped topping, if desired.
This post is sponsored by Kashi.