Add an Asian twist to taco night
Hoisin sauce and sesame oil add an Asian flair to these turkey tacos.
Traditional beef tacos can become monotonous and downright boring over time. Add some excitement to your taco night with these Asian-inspired tacos made with ground turkey.
This recipe is light enough for lunch but filling enough to serve for dinner. Shredded cabbage, carrots, red bell pepper and green onions pair perfectly with the ground turkey for a zesty taco you'll want to include on your taco night menu indefinitely.
Asian turkey tacos
Adapted from Cook What You've Got
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (white sections only)
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded or cut into matchsticks (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 whole-wheat soft taco tortillas
- Hoisin sauce
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add ground ginger, garlic, onions, cabbage, red bell pepper and carrots. Stir to combine. Cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes, or until cabbage begins to wilt.
- Spoon equal amounts of turkey mixture into tortilla shells. Add fresh cilantro and desired amount of hoisin sauce.