These simple cheesecake bars get a Memorial Day makeover when we pipe on the American flag. Your whole family will be impressed with this sweet treat.
I have always loved Memorial Day. It’s the kickoff to summer, and the weather is always starting to warm up. Since winter was so long this year, I’m looking forward to opening a cold beer, making some s’mores and enjoying all the Memorial Day festivities. The best part is that I’m going to bring this gem of a recipe, which always makes my family swoon. It’s creamy, no-bake (which means no hot kitchen) and a breeze to decorate.
American flag cheesecake bar recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Fresh blueberries
- Red gel decorating pen or squeeze bottle
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. Mix together until completely combined and the crackers are moistened.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper, and press the graham cracker crust into the bottom of the pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the cream cheese and vanilla bean paste or extract. On medium speed, mix until creamy.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream, slowly incorporate, and once fully incorporated, turn the speed to high and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the sugar, and mix until combined.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the prepared crust, and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once you’re ready to decorate, remove from the pan, and cut into 6 bars.
- Add 4 blueberries to the top left corner, and then squeeze on gel lines to look like the American flag.
- Keep the bars cold if not serving them right away.