One-pot pasta salad chock full of veggies
Here's a pasta veggie salad that can be made in one pot and served with a fresh lime dressing. This picnic-friendly dish takes minutes to make.
This pasta and veggie salad is incredibly simple and dressed with a fresh lime vinaigrette that's light, tangy and sweet.
One-pot pasta and veggie salad with lime vinaigrette recipe
For the salad
- 2 cups shell pasta (measured dry)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup assorted sweet bell peppers (several miniature or 1 large), chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion (optional), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro (about 1/3 a bunch), finely chopped
- 3 strips cooked bacon or bacon bits
- Shredded colby jack cheese for topping (optional)
For the dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (do not use regular mustard)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Add in the frozen corn about 1 to 2 minutes before the pasta is done.
- Drain the pasta, and rinse it with cold water.
- In a pot, stir together the pasta-corn mixture, black beans, sweet peppers, cherry tomatoes, onion and cilantro.
- To a resealable jar, add all the ingredients for the dressing. Shake until combined. Pour the dressing over the pasta and vegetables. Stir to combine. (You might not want to use all the dressing, so pour it slowly.)
- Crumble the cooked bacon or bacon bits over the salad, and top with shredded colby jack cheese, if using.
- Enjoy immediately.