If you’re one of those people who doesn’t like to fuss too much when putting together impressive dishes, then this simple recipe is perfect for you.
When the day’s harvest at the local fishmonger’s includes scallops, I cannot resist taking some home. Not only are they delicious, but they are also very easy to cook. Simple as it is, this recipe is my favorite for cooking scallops, because the flavors are maximized by the searing. And when the Champagne sauce is drizzled over them, there are no words to describe this scallop dish but “wow”!
If you want a super-quick, easy and delicious seafood recipe, then grab some scallops, and let’s start cooking. You will definitely love this one.
10-minute pan-seared scallops with Champagne sauce recipe
- 8 scallops
- Knob of butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Champagne
- 1/2 teaspoon flour
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salad (optional)
- Clean the scallops by taking away the muscle around the meat. Rinse them with water, and then pat them dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. When the butter has melted and the saucepan is heated, add the scallops. Brown each side of the scallops for about 2 minutes.
- When the scallops are golden brown, transfer them to a plate, and cover them with aluminum foil to keep them warm.
- In the same saucepan, pour the Champagne. Let the alcohol evaporate, and then add the flour. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk the sauce until it is slightly thick. Sprinkle in the parsley.
- Pour the sauce over the scallops, and serve immediately with some salad, if desired.