Sizzling steak with pineapple rum salsa
Summertime is all about grilling, and to me, that means steak. The thicker the cut, the better. The only thing that makes this juicy and tender steak even better is the sweet and boozy salsa on top. Because the only thing better than a big steak is boozy fruit-and-veggie salsa.
This steak is so good, it'll literally melt in your mouth. Plus the kick of the boozy salsa adds just the right amount of zest to give this steak the greatest summer oomph. Pair this juicy meat with your favorite rosé or tart white wine for the perfect hot-weather meal.
Sizzling steak with pineapple rum salsa recipe
For the steak
- 1 pound New York boneless rib eye steak
- 1 tablespoon rosemary-infused olive oil (or regular)
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
For the salsa
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red and orange peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat your broiler to high. Grease a grill pan with the olive oil.
- Liberally sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Place them on the grill pan, and broil for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side for a medium-rare steak. Remove from the oven, and let rest for about 10 minutes before you cut into them.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa by mixing the pineapple, cherry tomatoes, peppers, red onion, blueberries, lime juice, white rum, cilantro, salt and pepper. Chill for about 15 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once the steaks are ready, slice them into thick slices, and top them with salsa.