This recipe takes little time to make but delivers big time in flavor and color. You’ll love the addition of cauliflower for an impressive meal.
Curried dishes bring such wonderful aroma, color and flavor to a meal. This recipe for gluten-free curried shrimp with cauliflower rice is a quick dish to make for an impressive meal.
Just because a recipe includes curry powder doesn’t mean it’s spicy, and this dish is no exception. If you’d like to add some heat to this meal, shake in a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, or add some green chilies or a bit of garlic chili paste to the mixture as it cooks.
One of the fun features of this recipe is that I used cauliflower in place of rice. This makes your meal lower in carbs and provides you with an extra boost of veggies. Let’s not forget that it tastes great too. Give this colorful dish a try for a fab meal.
Gluten-free curried shrimp with cauliflower rice recipe
- 1 head cauliflower, stem removed, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup diced carrot
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 pound precooked frozen shrimp, tails removed, thawed
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor, and pulse to small pieces about the size of rice. Remove and set aside.
- To a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter. When melted and hot, add the curry powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, garlic and carrot. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the mixture is golden.
- Add the coconut milk, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. The milk should thicken slightly.
- To a separate skillet over medium heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. When hot, add the cauliflower rice, and cook while stirring for just 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the coconut milk mixture, and cook just until done or for about 3 to 4 minutes. Toss in the cilantro, and mix.
- Serve the shrimp and its sauce over the cauliflower rice.
- Garnish with extra pieces of cilantro.