Spicy chicken curry-stuffed pitas with creamy yogurt sauce
No boring sandwiches on our plate. These super-spiced chicken tenders are paired with a fresh yogurt sauce and served in a warm toasted pita.
Indian spices are hands down some of my favorite flavors. Spicy, fragrant and oh so delicious. My husband isn't the biggest fan of curry, but I'm slowly getting him to appreciate the complex flavor. Now, while you could easily make your own curry spice blend, I find it easiest to buy it at the store. I also love serving this in a pita, because you can stuff this sandwich super full and not worry about it falling out.
Spicy chicken curry-stuffed pitas with creamy yogurt sauce recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 (7 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Coleslaw mix
- 2 mini pita pockets
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, add the oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, curry powder, cayenne pepper and kosher salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the chicken tenders, and toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap, and let sit overnight.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, curry powder and Sriracha sauce. Cover, and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat, and grill your chicken until fully cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Carefully open your pitas, slather them with yogurt sauce, fill them with a handful of coleslaw mix, and stuff them with 3 tenders per pita.
- Drizzle with extra yogurt sauce or Sriracha sauce, if desired.