This bacon and chicken taco-flavored dip requires only one dish to make. You can even serve this dip without plates — just scoop out the dip right from the skillet with chips.
Made in one skillet with all the best flavors, this dish comes together quickly and is sure to please a crowd.
One-skillet cheesy chicken taco and bacon dip recipe
- 6-8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Pita or tortilla chips for dipping
- Green onions (optional topping)
- In a large nonstick skillet, lay out the strips of bacon. Place them so they aren’t touching, and then slowly turn up the heat to low. When the bacon starts to curl, use tongs to loosen the strips and then to flip the bacon over. Continually flip the bacon so that it browns evenly.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet, and pat it dry with paper towels. Discard the grease.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic, onion and red bell pepper. Stir until the onion is translucent and the vegetables are tender. Stir in the shredded cooked chicken and the bacon.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Sprinkle the shredded pepper jack cheese over the mixture, and top with green onions (if using) and extra bacon.
- Use pita chips or tortilla chips to eat the dip.