These mini apple pies are made to serve two, which is perfect if you want a little treat but don’t want a lot of leftovers. These pies are topped with a delicious crumb topping and crunchy Kashi cereal.
Miniature apple pies
These pies come together in oven-safe ramekins and are made to serve two. You could even halve the recipe and have the perfect single-serving apple pie with a crumble topping. The topping is totally unique thanks to the Kashi cereal addition which adds a nice crunch to every bite.
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored and chopped (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons quick oats
- 4 teaspoons oat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Kashi GOLEAN Crunch! Cereal, Honey Almond Flax
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray 2 ramekins with a nonstick butter-flavored spray and set aside.
- Peel, core and chop your apples into small pieces. Lightly toss the apples in lemon juice. In another small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, white sugar and brown sugar. Stir together.
- Combine the sugar mixture with the apple pieces and stir until the apples are well coated.
- Stuff the filling into the ramekin. It may seem like a lot of filling, but it should all get used. Push down the filling and pack it in tightly.
- Combine the quick oats, oat flour, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl. Press on top of the apple topping.
- Place the apple pies on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes at 425 degrees F. After that, decrease the temperature to 350 degrees F and bake another 25-30 minutes.
- Cover the apple pies with a foil tent if they are browning too much on top.
- Remove and sprinkle 1-1/2 tablespoons of the Kashi cereal on top of each of the pies.
- Let cool, and enjoy!