We just one-upped Elvis with this over-the-top peanut butter and banana sandwich.
This isn’t something I say often, because many can’t even begin to understand it, but I really never cared for Elvis. I’m sure it has something to do with his fame predating my birth by about 30 years and the generational gap that comes with it, but his music has just always annoyed me.
That said, the man had some good taste when it came to sandwiches. In the classic, there’s peanut butter, banana and bacon. Hard to imagine it getting better than that, right?
Well, gooey melted chocolate does just that in this outrageous panini.
Peanut butter, banana, bacon and chocolate panini recipe
- 2 slices bread
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 a banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 slices bacon
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Spread peanut butter on both slices of bread. Place banana slices on top of one slice, the chocolate chips next and then the cooked bacon. Top with the other slice of bread, and press down.
- Place the sandwich in the same skillet with the bacon grease, pressing down firmly with a spatula to help melt the chocolate.
- Flip after 2 minutes, when the bottom is golden brown, and cook on the other side, pressing down again.
- Cut in half, and serve.