Mayo-less coleslaw with ramen noodles
This salad is not your typical coleslaw — no mayonnaise, and I've added crunchy ramen noodles.
Growing up, I was never a big fan of coleslaw. I would dine out at a BBQ restaurant but would always pass on the slaw. The sweetness with a mayonnaise taste just did not go well with my taste buds.
Fast-forward 15 years, and I have a new love for it. I decided it's still coleslaw if you make it with vinegar instead of the classic mayonnaise. And by adding uncooked ramen noodles, you give a little crunch to this simple salad.
No-mayo coleslaw with ramen noodles recipe
- 1 (14 ounce) bag classic coleslaw
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package ramen seasoning
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a large bowl, add the bag of coleslaw, cabbage, cilantro, chopped uncooked ramen noodles and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, salt, sugar, ramen seasoning, nectar, olive oil and soy sauce.
- Pour over the coleslaw, and mix with a wooden spoon until everything is well coated.
- Cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.