One-skillet cilantro lime chicken dinner
Who wants to dirty the whole kitchen when you can make a delicious meal in just one dish? This cilantro lime chicken is full of flavor and perfect for weeknight cooking.
There is nothing I love more than a simple supper that is all one skillet and can be ready in under 30 minutes. I made this dish and was tempted to eat it all by myself, but I was nice and shared with my husband. This dish is full of brown rice, cilantro, lime and chicken. Total deliciousness.
One-skillet cilantro lime chicken recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/3 cup diced cilantro
- 1 (2 cup) bag 90-second brown rice
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
- After about 10 minutes, the chicken should be fully cooked. At this point, add in the lime zest, lime juice, cilantro and bag of 90-second rice.
- Stir together until the flavors are combined and the rice is warmed through.
Note: You do not need to precook the rice because it is cooked in the bag and will warm through when you add it to the hot skillet.