Save the springform pan for another day. These cheesecake balls are no-bake.
I can’t even begin to understand people who aren’t cheesecake fans. What’s not to love? Creamy, sugary cream cheese and cake — it doesn’t get much better than that! Making it, however, is a different story. Springform pans, cracks down the middle, overflow in the oven… Who needs that kind of hassle?
These no-bake chocolate chip cheesecake balls are the answer — all the creamy goodness of the cake in a bite-size no-bake portion. They keep really well in the freezer too, so you can pop one when you’re in a pinch for a sweet treat.
No-bake chocolate chip cheesecake ball recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ounce vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate cookies, crushed for rolling (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and crushed cookies. Beat with an electric hand mixer until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and freeze the batter for at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, place the crushed cookies.
- Using your hands, roll the batter into balls of about 1 tablespoon in size, and then coat them in the crushed cookies. Place the balls on a plate, and keep them refrigerated until you’re ready to serve them.