#1 Mom blue ribbon pizza
Bake up this blue ribbon pizza to let Mom know she's first in your life. The pizza uses a premade crust for an easy Mother's Day dinner that let's Mom take the night off.
Every parent deserves an award for the toughest job out there. This Mother's Day, you can give Mom her own blue ribbon pizza — and give her the night off from cooking dinner. A Boboli pizza crust makes this incredibly simple to make, and the kids will love helping Dad with this edible craft.
Start by creating and cutting out a ribbon template from a piece of paper. I simply traced a bowl and used a ruler for the straight parts. Once you have your template, lay it on a Boboli 12-inch thin crust, and use scissors to cut the same shape in your crust.
Place the crust on a pizza pan or stone, and top it with tomato sauce.
Sprinkle the crust with a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Slice 4 pieces of pepperoni in half.
Use your paring knife to cut out 2 letter M shapes.
Then fold a piece of pepperoni in half, and cut out a circle from the center fold. This is your letter O.
Finally, cut out a # symbol and a 1 shape. Arrange the pieces of pepperoni on your pizza.
Bake the pizza in the oven at 450 degree F for about 8 minutes. The pepperoni pieces might slide around a bit as the cheese melts, so just carefully push them back to where you want them while the pizza is fresh from the oven.
Serve the blue ribbon pizza to Mom, and top the scraps of crust with additional tomato sauce, cheese and pepperoni to make little pizza bites for everyone else.
#1 Mom blue ribbon pizza recipe
- 1 Boboli 12-inch thin crust
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Slices of pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Use a template and scissors to cut a ribbon shape out of your crust.
- Spread tomato sauce on the crust, and sprinkle it with cheese.
- Slice 4 pieces of pepperoni in half to make the edges for the circle. Use additional pieces of pepperoni to cut out 2 letter M shapes, 1 letter O shape, a number sign and a 1 shape.
- Arrange the pepperoni pieces on the pizza, and bake for about 8 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Use the crust scraps and additional tomato sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni to create pizza bites for the rest of the family.