Cinnamon rolls turned pancakes
Pancake batter and a cinnamon filling create one serious cinnamon-flavored hotcake. Top these off with a warm cream cheese drizzle for a super-tasty spin on breakfast.
If you or someone you know has a love for cinnamon, then this is one recipe you won't want to miss out on. Cinnamon rolls were the inspiration behind these cinnamon roll pancakes, complete with a cream cheese drizzle. A cinnamon-spiced mixture is swirled into pancake batter, creating the "cinnamon roll" effect. Your whole family will love this fun and easy breakfast idea.
Cinnamon roll pancakes with cream cheese drizzle recipe
Inspired by Recipe Girl
For the pancake batter
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix, such as Bisquick
- 1-3/4 cups low-fat buttermilk, regular milk or dairy-free milk
For the cinnamon batter
- 1/4 unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the cream cheese drizzle
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or milk
- In a mixing bowl, add the ingredients for the pancakes, and mix well. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add the ingredients for the cinnamon batter, and mix well. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a fine tip or into a zip-top baggie, and set it aside.
- In a third bowl, add the ingredients for the cream cheese drizzle. Using a hand mixer, mix on high until there are no lumps. If you find the drizzle is too thick, then add more cream or milk to help reach the desired consistency.
- Spray a large pan with nonstick cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Add a scoop of the pancake batter, and in a spiral motion, pipe the cinnamon batter on top of the pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on both sides, and transfer the pancake to a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining pancake and cinnamon batters.
- Spoon the cream cheese generously over the pancakes, and serve immediately.