Zesty ceviche tostada bites
This seafood ceviche is the perfect appetizer for any meal. It's one little bite of pure goodness.
Summer is quickly approaching, and that means time to entertain. I recently moved towns, and now I'm surrounded by family and friends. Our house will be packed this summer with dinner get-togethers, neighborhood BBQs and swim parties. These bites will keep the cooking to a minimum while serving great food.
Shrimp-and-crab ceviche tostada bites recipe
For the ceviche
- 1/2 pound grilled shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 24 Tostitos scoop chips
For the cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- In a large bowl, add and mix together all the ceviche ingredients except for the chips. Cover and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once the ceviche is chilled, scoop a little of the mixture into the cups of the chips. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cream. Pour the mixture into a Ziploc bag, and cut off a tiny piece of a bottom corner.
- Drizzle the mixture on top of each ceviche chip cup.