These vegan ice cream desserts might convert you
The key to the world's best ice cream lies in the ingredients — full-fat creams, high-quality chocolates and rich, creamy butter and sugar. But what about the people who can't digest those high-fat creams or rich butters? I'll tell you: You serve them one of these vegan ice creams instead. Full of flavor and very void of all dairy.
Thanks to the addition of coconut milk (which tastes way better than regular milk, in my book), avocados, chocolate and peanut butter, you won't even miss the regular creams. In fact, you'll forget these desserts are even vegan. At least I did after 2 (or 5) cups of each one this week.
Strawberry cream cheese milkshake recipe
Yields 3/4 quart
- 3/4 pound strawberries, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan strawberry cream cheese
- 2 scoops Arctic Zero strawberry ice dessert
- Vegan whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the strawberries, sugar and honey. Cover with foil, and chill for at least 1-1/2 hours.
- Once chilled, place the strawberries, almond milk, vanilla and cream cheese in a blender. Blend until smooth. Place in another bowl, and cover. Chill for at least an hour.
- Once chilled, pour the mixture back into the blender. Add the Arctic Zero, and blend until thick. Pour into 2 chilled Mason jars, and garnish with whipped cream. Top with sprinkles and chopped strawberries.
Avocado chocolate and tofu ice cream recipe
Yields 1/2 quart
- 2 large chilled avocados, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Rainbow sprinkles
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place the chocolate chips, and heat in the microwave until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Place the avocados, tofu, cocoa powder, honey, melted chocolate, vanilla extract and almond milk in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, and chill for at least an hour. Once chilled, pour the mixture into a frozen canister of an ice cream maker. Churn for about 20 minutes or until creamy and thick.
Roasted peanut butter ice cream recipe
Recipe adapted from Gluten-free Goddess
- 1 (14 ounce) can chilled coconut milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2-3 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Extra peanuts for garnish
- In a blender, blend the coconut milk, brown sugar, peanut butter, peanuts and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour into a bowl and cover with saran wrap. Chill the mixture for about 45 minutes.
- Once chilled, pour the mixture into a frozen canister of an ice cream maker. Churn until thick and creamy. Freeze for another 30 minutes, and then serve with roasted peanuts.