Put a fruity twist on these s’mores you make in the great indoors. Mini in size but gigantic in flavor, this classic treat is perfect for a special dessert.
Bet you didn’t think s’mores could get any better than how they’re made around a campfire. Well, make way for these gluten-free mini strawberry s’mores tarts, a rich dessert perfect for the great indoors.
These treats are fun to serve, and their small portions are perfect since they’re so decadent. I added a dollop of strawberry jam to this classic dessert and used a kitchen torch to caramelize the marshmallow cream. You’ll need a fork to eat these gooey tarts, and definitely a napkin too. Bonus: You won’t have a campfire smell on your clothes.
Note: Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows tries to ensure that these recipes are gluten free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten free.
Gluten-free mini strawberry s’mores tarts recipe
- 7 whole gluten-free graham crackers, crumbled finely
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup gluten-free strawberry jam or jelly
- 1/3 cup gluten-free marshmallow cream
- 6 fresh strawberries, sliced into small pieces for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 (12-count) mini muffin tins with paper liners, and set them aside.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until combined.
- Add about 1-1/2 teaspoons to each liner, and press down firmly into the bottom. Bake for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and allow the crusts to cool completely.
- Remove the paper liners from the tarts, and place the tarts on a cutting board.
- Dollop a small amount of the strawberry jam or jelly into the cooled tart crusts. Use your finger to spread it out slightly.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening, and heat for about 15 seconds, depending on your microwave. If you need to, continue to heat the chips in 5-second increments until they’re melted. Stir with a spoon to mix the chips and shortening together and to ensure all the chips are melted.
- Drizzle a small amount of the melted chocolate in a thin layer over the strawberry jam or jelly. Allow the chocolate to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Use a teaspoon to carefully add a small amount of the marshmallow cream over the chocolate. You don’t need much of the marshmallow cream.
- Use a kitchen torch to carefully caramelize the tops of the marshmallow cream.
- Garnish with the pieces of strawberries, and serve immediately.
Bring this classic treat to the great indoors.