VIDEO: Raspberry grapefruit sangria recipe
Surprise and delight your guests at your next backyard barbecue with this unexpected sangria recipe that uses fresh raspberries and grapefruit.
Raspberry grapefruit sangria recipe
- 1 bottle (750 ml) merlot or cabernet wine
- 6 ounces raspberry liqueur or Chambord
- 4 ounces Grand Marnier brandy
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 grapefruit, sectioned, with pith removed
- 1 lime, sliced thin
- Several sprigs mint
- 8 ounces grapefruit juice (fresh, if possible)
- 6 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- 6 ounces club soda
- In a large bowl or pitcher, combine the wine, liqueur, brandy, half the fruit and half the mint.
- Muddle well.
- Add in the juices.
- Let the mix chill for at least 1 hour.
- Strain well.
- Add the club soda.
- Serve over plenty of ice.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh fruit and sprigs of mint.