PB&J chicken satay kebabs
Think peanut satay, but add the jelly. This is a fun way to serve up your next chicken dinner.
My mom hates peanut butter, so as a kid, I never got the typical PB&J lunch every other kid had. Oh no, I was blessed with the weirdo cream cheese and jelly or cream cheese and tomato sandwiches instead. And if that wasn't bad enough, it was on whole wheat bread because she was that mom too. A childhood sans peanut butter led to an adult life spent making up for those deprived years.
This chicken dinner takes the classic sandwich flavors on a savory route. The jelly caramelizes deliciously on the grill, making the chicken a bit sweet, and the creamy peanut sauce goes perfectly over top.
PB&J chicken satay kebabs recipe
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup jelly
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Dash soy sauce
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Thread the chicken onto 8 skewers.
- In a small bowl, combine the jelly and 2 tablespoons of the water, and stir together.
- Brush the kebabs with the jelly, and place them on the heated grill.
- Cook on each side until the jelly has caramelized on the outside and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, make the peanut sauce by whisking together the peanut butter, remaining 1/4 cup of water and the soy sauce. Transfer to a dipping bowl, and top with crushed peanuts, if desired, for serving.
- Serve the chicken warm right off the grill with the peanut sauce.