Create a flavorful and memorable pizza by adding both shrimp and steak to it. Your family will be begging for more of this surf and turf pizza.
I love a good homemade pizza. In fact, we try to make pizza at least a couple of times a month with different toppings and sauces. One of our local pizza joints makes a surf and turf pizza, and I was inspired by their name to create my own at home. For the turf I chose flank steak, and for the surf, shrimp. If you are on the adventurous side and looking for a new pizza, then this is the one for you.
Surf and turf pizza recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1 whole pizza dough
- 5-6 ounces flank steak
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 5 large shrimp, chopped
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Generously sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place a little olive oil into a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the steak, cook until medium rare, and then remove to let it rest.
- Slice the flank steak into thin pieces.
- Sprinkle cornmeal into an iron skillet, and stretch out the dough into a large, thin circle. Poke the dough with a fork all the way around.
- Spread the pesto onto the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.
- Top with mushrooms, mozzarella, steak and raw shrimp.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, and then broil for 1 minute.