Have you ever thought of putting french fries and hot dogs on your pizza? We do it all the time. But let’s take it one step further by adding bits of crispy bacon and different kinds of cheese. I think I got your attention. Now let’s go to the recipe.
French fries, hot dogs and pizzas are usually eaten separately, but what happens if you put them all together on one plate? An explosion of flavor from every food your heart desires. This pizza is dangerously good.
French fry and hot dog pizza recipe
Yields 3 (Each pizza serves 1-2)
- Peanut oil (or another kind of vegetable oil) for frying
- 1 pound french fries (frozen or fresh)
- 12 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 batch pizza dough (recipe follows)
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 pound mini hot dogs (if using regular size, then slice)
- 1 pound mozzarella, chopped
- 9 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a tall saucepan over medium heat and half filled with peanut oil, fry the french fries when the oil is hot (the perfect temperature is 350-375 degrees F).
- When the fries are golden brown, place them on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Set aside.
- In a dry saucepan over medium heat, fry the bacon until crispy. Set aside.
- On a pizza or baking pan, lay the pizza dough flat, and then spread the tomato sauce on top.
- Distribute the hot dogs on top, and then bake the pizza for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, and distribute the mozzarella, Gouda, french fries and bacon on top. Bake for another 10 to 12 minutes or until the crust is cooked through.
- Before serving, sprinkle the parsley and drizzle the olive oil on top. Serve while hot.
Tomato sauce recipe
Yields 1-1/2 cups
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound canned tomatoes
- Dried oregano
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onions with some olive oil.
- After 2 minutes, add the canned tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Add the oregano and salt, to taste.
Pizza dough recipe
- 2 cups bread flour (preferably Double Zero “00”), plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water, plus extra if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 ounce fresh baker’s yeast cube (or 0.25 ounce dried yeast in sachet)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- On a wooden board or in a bowl, make a little mountain of flour, and mix in the salt. Make a hole in the middle.
- In another bowl, mix the baker’s yeast with the water and sugar. Mix until the yeast and sugar are completely dissolved. Leave the mixture for 10 minutes, and then little by little, pour it into the hole in the middle of the flour.
- Use your index finger to mix the flour with the liquid. Start from the center, and move outward in a circular motion. Add the olive oil and then more water if necessary.
- Knead until you have a compact ball of dough.
- Put the dough in a big bowl, and cover it with a cloth. Let it rise between 2 and 4 hours at room temperature. You can also leave it overnight. If you are in a hurry, put it in the oven at 90 degrees F for 1 hour.
- When the dough has risen, divide it into 3 equal parts. It should be elastic.
- Sprinkle the wooden board with flour. Flatten the dough (1 of the 3 you divided), and make round pizzas. You can also work on each dough by flattening it with your hands and stretching the sides little by little.
- You’re ready to use the pizza dough for any recipe.