No matter where we go out to eat, my husband almost always orders the same thing: a chicken Caesar salad. It’s absurd. I almost always order some form of real food, like filet mignon or a juicy hamburger. To appease us both, I decided to combine my love for a hearty burger and his love for Caesar salad in one amazing recipe.
Oh that’s right, friends. What you see before you is the perfect marriage of salad and burger. These juicy chicken burgers are topped with a Caesar salad and all the toppings, tomato and red onion included. Paired with a crispy toasted Parmesan bun (and a beer), this is a dream dish for any spring or summer barbecue.
Grilled chicken Caesar burger on a Parmesan bun recipe
For the burgers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup pretzels, ground up
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cracked pepper
- 4 kaiser buns
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons Greek yogurt Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 8 slices Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Grease a large skillet with the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground chicken, pretzel crumbs, light cream, chopped onion, crushed red pepper, garlic salt and cracked pepper. Form the meat into 4 medium patties.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high, and cook the burgers until golden brown on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease the tops and bottoms of the buns with melted butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for about 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the lettuce, cucumbers, salt and pepper. Add the Caesar salad dressing, and mix with tongs to coat. Add the salad over the chicken burgers, and top with tomato slices, red onions and Parmesan shavings. Top with the kaiser bun.