4 Sweet ways to eat your cereal without a bowl of milk
All of these recipes include your favorite cereals, but prepared in unique ways. Choose from cupcakes, a milkshake, cereal-encrusted waffles or cereal snack clusters — or all four of them.
Cookie Crisp cupcakes recipe
These Cookie Crisp cupcakes have a classic chocolate base made from a chocolate cake mix. The frosting is an eggless cookie dough stuffed with miniature chocolate chips. These cupcakes are garnished with Cookie Crisp cereal pieces.
- 1 box devil's food cake mix and the ingredients called for
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (I used 2 percent milk)
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips (or more, depending on preference)
- Cookie Crisp cereal, for garnish
- Prepare the cupcakes according to the package directions to make 24 cupcakes. Bake and set them aside to cool completely.
- In a medium-size bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar with a hand mixer. Add in the cream cheese, and beat until no chunks remain. Mix in the salt, vanilla extract and flour. Beat until combined. Slowly add in 1/2 the powdered sugar and then 1 tablespoon of the milk. Add in the rest of the powdered sugar and the rest of the milk.
- Beat until all is combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill a frosting bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Garnish with 2 Cookie Crisp cereal pieces.
Rice Krispies treat milkshake recipe
This milkshake is bursting with marshmallow and Rice Krispies flavor. It is packed with ice cream, Rice Krispies and marshmallow fluff, and then blended to perfection. The shake is then garnished with extra cereal and miniature marshmallows.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup 2 percent or whole milk
- 1/2 medium-size banana
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Rice Krispies cereal, plus more for garnish
- Miniature marshmallows, for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a large blender.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a large glass, and garnish with a small handful of Rice Krispies and miniature marshmallows.
Honeycomb-encrusted waffles with milk glaze recipe
These waffles are filled and encrusted with sweet Honeycomb cereal. They are covered with a sweet milk glaze and garnished with fresh berries and extra cereal. These waffles are the perfect way to start your day.
- 1/2 cup Krusteaz buttermilk waffle and pancake mix
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons crushed Honeycomb cereal, plus extra whole pieces for garnish
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Preheat your waffle iron, and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the mix, cold water, vegetable oil and 2 tablespoons of the crushed Honeycomb cereal.
- Stir (the batter will be lumpy), and pour into the heated waffle iron. Cook according to your waffle iron's instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk until well combined.
- When the waffle is finished cooking, remove it, and separate it into segments. Coat with the glaze, and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of crushed Honeycomb cereal over the glaze.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and extra Honeycomb cereal pieces.
Cheerios clusters with M&M's recipe
These Cheerios clusters are stuffed with cereal and chocolate-coated candies. They are held together by a sugar mixture and peanut butter. This quick and easy snack is sure to please a crowd.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1/2 cup M&M's
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, and then boil for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir until creamy.
- Add in the Cheerios cereal and M&M's. Stir until completely combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, quickly scoop out large rounds onto a parchment-lined tray.
- Press chocolate chips into the surface, and allow the clusters to cool completely.
- You will need to work fast, as this mixture hardens quickly.