What in the world is spooning pizza?
It's time to break out the spoons and say goodbye to pizza crust. Spooning pizza is a Korean dish where you get all the flavors of a pizza sans the bread.
Pizza and I go hand in hand. It's a total weakness of mine, and I could eat it at any time of the day. I decided to take a different approach to this all time classic dish.
There is no bread in this Korean-style pizza, so grab a spoon and get ready to dive into this skillet of awesomeness. You can add ingredients or take some away to cater to your own pizza preferences.
Spooning pizza recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 6-7 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add olive oil to an iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and cook until brown.
- Turn heat to low and add bell pepper, mushrooms and spinach. Sauté for 5 minutes and then add garlic.
- Flatten mixture with wooden spoon and then top with salt.
- Pour sauce over the meat and spread it out.
- Top with sliced mozzarella.
- Bake in oven for 6 minutes and then broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.