Tortilla chips are layered with a creamy peanut sauce, diced chicken, cheese and fresh vegetables creating this fun and delicious Asian-infused recipe for the whole family to enjoy.
We are huge fans of both Asian food and Mexican food in my house. I wanted to try something new and fell in love with this idea for this Asian-inspired nacho recipe. This recipe was a hit and one I think we will definitely add to the dinner rotation. If you don’t want to use chicken, simply replace it with diced tofu or tempeh and use dairy free cheese such as Daiya to make this whole meal completely vegan.
Pad thai chicken nachos recipe
Inspired by closet cooking
- 1 (14 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup bottled peanut sauce or homemade peanut sauce
- 1-1/2 cups diced chicken breast (tofu or tempeh)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded (or substitute dairy free cheese such as Daiya)
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts or plain roasted peanuts
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Thai red chili pepper thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the tortilla chips out evenly over the baking sheet and spoon the peanut sauce over the chips. Top with chicken and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over top. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Transfer the warmed chips to a serving platter. Add the bean sprouts, carrots, green onions and peanuts.
- Finish this dish by garnishing with fresh cilantro, the red chili pepper and jalapeño pepper if desired and serve immediately.