Stuff summer squash with zesty Greek feta salad
Not sure what to do with all that squash? This delicious recipe takes perfectly roasted squash and stuffs it with fresh Greek salad.
During the summer I crave dinners that require little to no cooking time. Even though we have air-conditioning, I hate the idea of heating up the whole house. This side dish is the perfect summer addition because all you need to do is simply grill the squash and then stuff it with fresh Greek salad. Hello, summer.
Greek feta salad-stuffed squash recipe
- 1 large yellow or green summer squash
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup spring greens or lettuce of your choice
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut a large squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Mist the squash with olive oil, and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add the squash flesh side down onto a medium-heat grill. Grill for about 5 minutes until the squash starts to soften. Be careful to not overcook the squash. You want it to keep its shape.
- Remove the squash from the grill, and allow it to cool while you prepare your salad.
- In a medium bowl, add the lettuce, red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, black olives, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Toss together, and season with salt and pepper. If the salad is too dry, simply add a little more vinegar and oil.
- Stuff the salad into the squash, and serve it as a side dish.