Making an all-vegan brunch is easier than you think
Not sure what vegan dishes to make for brunch? Whether you're looking for a main course, side dish or drink, we have it covered, and they're easy too.
My little brother has been vegan for years. This means that at all family gatherings, everything from ham to tofu is served. At first I was intimidated by vegan cooking, but after a while, the ideas just started to develop. This simple vegan brunch menu is perfect for the vegan eater in your family. It's packed full of flavor, vegetables and fruits.
Southwest tofu scramble recipe
This Southwest tofu scramble is spiced with smoked paprika, cumin, bell peppers and onions. It's the perfect way to bring big flavor to your brunch table.
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (more might be needed)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Press the tofu overnight so it's not so watery and is nice and firm.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil, and warm it over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the tofu, bell peppers, onion, smoked paprika, cumin, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Cook until the peppers and onions are soft, and serve right away.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Mixed berry banana and nut oatmeal smoothie recipe
Nothing is better than a smoothie that is jam-packed full of nutrients. Trust me, you're going to love all the healthiness that's in this drink.
- 1 cup almond milk (or other favorite nut milk)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons chia or flaxseeds
- In a high-powered blender, add all ingredients, and blend until smooth.
Yogurt-topped roasted sweet potatoes recipe
Never thought of topping a sweet potato with yogurt? It's tangy, sweet and the perfect addition for non-butter eaters.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vanilla vegan coconut milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and poke a few holes into the sweet potatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and cinnamon. Rub the outsides of the sweet potatoes, and then wrap them in foil.
- Add the potatoes to the hot oven, and bake until they are soft, about 1 hour.
- Once the potatoes are ready, cut them in half, top them with yogurt, and add 1 tablespoon of nuts per potato.
Chocolate chia seed overnight oats recipe
Who doesn't like waking up to ready-made breakfast? You're going to love how simple this dish is to throw together.
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar (vegan)
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture equally, and add it to Mason jars of desired size.
- Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, stir and enjoy. Top with natural peanut butter and bananas, if desired.