Light and healthy pad thai with zucchini noodles
Get the comfort of pad thai in your own home. This healthy version substitutes zucchini noodles in place of rice noodles.
Pad thai is by far my favorite ethnic food dish. My own personal goal was to set out and make a healthy version to satisfy my weeknight cravings. Zucchini noodles to the rescue in place of regular pad thai noodles.
Did you know that your cheese grater will work wonders for you besides just grating and shredding cheese? You can make your own homemade vegetable noodles by sliding the vegetable down the larger portion of the grater. Voila, you've got noodles. Impress your friends with this healthy and simple take on pad thai.
Pad thai with zucchini noodles recipe
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups grated zucchini noodles
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 egg
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Cilantro, for topping
- In large sauté pan add water, Sriracha, fish sauce and brown sugar. Whisk until sugar dissolves and keep on low heat.
- Add canola oil to large work over medium heat. Add zucchini, garlic, carrots, green onion, cabbage and bean sprouts.
- Cook vegetables for 5 minutes and then add fish sauce. Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small pan scramble an egg and add it to the vegetable mixture.
- Top it off with a pinch of salt, peanuts and cilantro.