You know what’s better than ice cream cake? Ice cream pie. But not just that, a creamy ice cream pie made with sweet and salty chocolate chocolate tortilla chips. I know, your mind is blown, right?
This bright green pie is absolutely perfect for St. Patrick’s Day (or really any day, for that matter). The luscious ice cream paired with the crunchy tortilla chip crust makes for the most insane combination of sweet, salty, creamy and minty. No matter what you are craving, this pie is perfect.
Mini mint green ice cream pies with chocolate tortilla chip crusts recipe
Serves about 4
For the crust
- 1 large bag Food Should Taste Good chocolate tortilla chips
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
For the pie
- 2 cups mint ice cream
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Green food coloring
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 4 mini Le Creuset tart pans with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the chips and flour together. Stir in melted butter. Using a fork or the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the prepared tart pans. Bake for about 12 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. Then freeze for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, mix the mint ice cream and green food coloring until you get a bright green color. Stir in white and 2-1/2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the prepared crusts. Freeze for at least 6-8 hours, or until set.
- Once frozen, melt the remaining chocolate chips with canola oil. Drizzle over the pies and serve immediately.