Spicy jerk chicken quesadillas that will transport you to the Caribbean
If you love Mexican food, especially quesadillas like I do, then here is a sweet and spicy way to kick up your next fiesta. I took fresh pineapple that I diced along with chicken and tossed it in a spicy jerk seasoning then layered it between flour tortillas. Fill these with cheese and any type of vegetables you have on hand. The sweet and spicy combo really adds great flavor to this simple and easy family meal. I love serving these quesadillas with the rich and slightly tart lime dip that uses Greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
Spicy pineapple jerk chicken quesadillas recipe
Fresh pineapple and diced chicken are tossed in a spicy jerk seasoning and stuffed into flour tortillas. Serve up these delicious quesadillas with the creamy and tart lime dip.
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, shredded or finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons jerk seasoning (depending on desired level of spiciness)
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced
- 1 red and green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup corn kernels (if using frozen, thaw first)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used a mixture of Monterey Jack and cheddar)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a bowl combine the chicken, pineapple, onions and jerk seasoning (start with a small amount and add more if desired as this is a spicy seasoning), mixing well.
- Divide the chicken mixture between four tortillas and top with bell peppers, corn and cheese. Place remaining tortillas on top and press down firmly to keep the ingredients in place.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 quesadilla in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until a golden brown color. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm with creamy lime dip.
Creamy lime dip recipe
Yields about 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients, mixing well.
- Cover and chill for about 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
- Before serving, mix well. Best served chilled.