Pile on the Cajun flavor with spicy shrimp pizza. Easy to make and sure to please.
Pizza night at our house is one of my favorites. Sometimes we keep it plain and just use cheese and pepperoni, but sometimes we make it a little fancy. This Cajun shrimp pizza is spicy and smoky in flavor. The fresh shrimp cook perfectly in the oven and that spicy Cajun spice is just the right amount of needed heat.
Cajun shrimp pizza recipe
Yields 1 (12 inch) pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough, store-bought
- 1/2 pound medium cleaned and shelled shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers, any color
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Let the pizza dough sit until room temperature. This helps so the dough will stretch without shrinking back up.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, add shrimp, Cajun seasoning and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika. Mix together until shrimp is coated. Set in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the pizza.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in bell peppers and onion. Sauté until soft.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a Silpat liner. Stretch out the dough to create a 12-inch circle, or, if it’s easier, you can shape it into a rectangle.
- In a small bowl, mix together pizza sauce, remaining 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Spread the sauce onto the dough leaving a 1-inch crust around the edge. Sprinkle on the cheese, add sautéed peppers and onions and top with raw shrimp.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until the shrimp is fully cooked, the cheese is lightly browned and the dough is cooked.
- Let rest for 3 minutes and slice.